The 6-day overland tour from Lhasa to Nepal
This is one of our classic itineraries. You can enjoy most of Tibet amazing culture and scenery within four days. The cultural highlights of this tour include grand Potala Palace—landmark of Lhasa, Jokhang—the holiest monastery in Tibet. In addition, you will also pay a visit to Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery.
Day 1 Arrive in Lhasa by plane or by train
Train station or airport picking up, your guide and driver will pick you guys there and transfer you to the well reserved hotel, do drink more water and have good rest in order to better acclimatize to the environment there.
Day 2 Potala Palace / Jokhang Temple / Barkhor Street (B)
In the morning, visit Lhasa's landmark-Potala Palace in which myriad chapels, audience halls, Buddhist frescoes, Thangkas, combinations of Mandela, figures of the Buddha stored.
In the afternoon, visit the Johkang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism, built during Songtsen Gonpo's reign by princess Wencheng of the Tang dynasty, 647 A.D.
After the Johkang Temple, we will start a circular pilgrim route along Barkhor Street where you can purchase traditional Tibetan and Nepalese artifacts, religious implements, antiques, books, music instrument, Thangkas, and etc.
Day 3 Lhasa / Yamdro-tso lake / Gyangtse / Shigatse (B)
Driving towards Yamdrok Lake and Gyantse (270km) running through a black asphalt highway. On the Gangbala Pass, you can see the fabulous turquoise Yamdrok Lake. Leaving yamdrok-tso is a spectacular as arriving, since you have to cross the 4960m karo-la with its awesome roadside views of the Nanchan- Kangtsang glacier. Then reached to our day's final destination Gyantse, Kumbum Stupa is 35m-high chorten(stupa) with its white layers trimmed with decorative stripes and its crown-like golden dome, is awe-inspiring. The Gyantse Dzong and Pelkor Monastery is worth of exploring as well. Overnight in Gyantse.
Day 4 Shigatse/Lhatse/Tingri (Shegar)/Rongphu Monastery(B)
Overnight at Rongphu Monastery Tent or Guest House
Drive westwards the Friendship way to Tingri. There is about 90km bumpy road from Tingri to Rongpuk, road is under construction. From Tingri to E.B.C with the very rough road, pass the wild grassland, cross the rapids river and high mountains. If it is in clear whether, you can have a glimpse of 4 mountains which is 8000m high or more, such as: Mt. Lhotse(8516m),Mt. Everes(8848m), Mt. Qowowuyag(8201m),Mt Mayalu(8463m).
Day 5 Rongphu Monastery/Evrest Base Camp/ Zhangmu (B)
Overnight at Zhangmu
Early in the moring to see the sunrise from Rongphu then to view Mt. Everest. It is fabulous and splendid.After walking arrive the place get on the local bus then use half of an hour arrive at Everest Base camp (Or you also can trekking to Base Camp around 1.5-2 hours one way. It's interesting and much warmer, but hard to breath). Hiking up to the top of the photo point to take pictures of the splendid- Mt. Everest. Then in the afternoon go down from E.B.C to Zhangmu.
Day 6 See you off at Zhangmu border.
Our Guide will drop you off in the morning at the border bridge (Friendship Bridge), you can cross the border bridge, 65ms long, then check in Nepal side, you can get the Nepal visa upon arrival with 30USD, please prepare one photo of passport size to get Nepal Visa. Next step, you need to find a car or bus towards Kathmandu, 50ms ahead from border bridge, dozens of car or bus are parking here to pick up travelers; about 3000 Nepali Rupee for a taxi rental or 50 Nepali Rupee(Appro.1USD) for a bus seat. Taxi will be a good choice for you.
|Group Tour Departure Dates for 2012|
Comfortable class (3-star hotels)
|May, Jun &Oct||￥4190||US$665||￥600||US$95|
|Jul. & Sep.||￥6269||US$995||￥680||US$108|
|Nov. to next Mar.||￥4090||US$649||￥580||US$92|
Lhasa: Yak Hotel or Mandala Hotel; Shigatse: Manasaovar Hotel; EBC: Tent or Rongbuk Guesthouse; Zhangmu: 3 star level hotel
We can arrange budget guest house or 4 star hotels according to your requirements.
1) Prices listed are per person, based on double occupancy. Tour cost in USD is subject to exchange rate of the day you book the tour. (Rate in chart is 1:6.3)
2) Because you need original copy of the Tibet permits to board the plane, in this way, all the clients in one group who depart from the same city should take the same airplane. So please discuss with us first to fix the flight schedule before you issue the air tickets, sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.
1. Airport and train station transfer: One Free group airport pick-up at 3:20 p.m. and drop off at 12:00 p.m. These are the most common flight times in and out of Lhasa, but if you would like to schedule a different time or place to enter/leave Tibet we will be happy to arrange that at the following prices:
|Item||Cost per group
|Cost per group
|Transfer from Lhasa to airport||￥ 400||$ 65|
|Transfer from Lhasa to train station||￥ 100||$ 17|
2. Accommodation: 5 nights stay in comfortable, 3 star standard hotels in Lhasa and Shigatse, 1 night stay at simple hotel in Lhatse, 1 night stay in Rongbulk Monastery Guesthouse.
3. Meals: Breakfasts marked as B in the itinerary.
4. English Speaking local Tibetan Guide.
5. Vehicle Rental & Driver: All of our vehicles are well maintained and safe. Our drivers are experienced in driving in the Tibetan landscape. Vehicle type will be according to group size. If the size is no bigger than 5, we will use 4WD land cruiser. If the number of travelers is more than 5, we will use a bus.
6. Travel Permits: All Tibet traveling permits.
7. Entrance Fees: All entrance fees listed in the itinerary, including vehicle and personal entry permit for Qomolangma Nature Preserve
8. Oxygen supply on Vehicle
9. Government Tax
10. Hot Water Bottle supply in winter time
11. Delivery fee of Tibet permits
1. Transportation to and from Lhasa
2. Other services of non-Tibetan parts
3. Single room supplement
4. Lunches and Dinners
5. Personal expenses like laundry, IDD calls, drinks, etc.
6. Tips for the tour guide and driver.
7. Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, etc.)
8. Bank charge of payment
1. Do have good acclimatization before forwarding to the Everest as the altitude there at the base camp is over 5200ms; go direct to the Everest without 1 or 2 days acclimatization posts danger to your tour. Drink more water helps you accustom to the altitude there.
2. Better do not take shower after arrival in Lhasa if you are going to visit the Everest, because the biggest threat to your safety on the plateau is catching cold but not altitude over 5000ms.
3. May and October are best season to go as the sky is more clear, you can see the summit of the Everest with ease.
4. We do not suggest the pregnant and people over 60 or below 12 to visit this area
5. Bring warm wears is also important as the temperature in this region could become low during the night, besides, a sleeping bag is also necessary because the condition of guesthouse outside of Shigatse could be simple.
6. Do not litter in the EBC area though some did, please bring a bag with you to place the trashes you produce and bring it away.
Tibet Holiday Choices
The 7-day Golden Mt. Everest tour
Everest Base Camp tour is an indispensable of a Tibet tour for tens of thousands of tourists travelling to Tibet.The Himalayas stretching thousands of miles will never be kicked out of your Everest Base Camp tour. On your journey to Mt. Everest, you will be accompanied by beautiful landscapes and famous temples all the way, such as the beautiful Yamdrok Lake, the Karuola Glaciers, the PelkorChode Monastery and the famed Tashilhunpo, etc.... >>
5-day tour to visit Namtso Lake
Day 01 Arrival at Lhasa by flight or train [3658m]
8-Day Tour to visit Tsedang
The 6-day overland tour from Lhasa to Nepal
In this itinerary, you will have a wonderful trip from Lhasa to Mt. Everest and transfer to Nepal. The culture highlights includePotala Palace, Jokhang Monastery, Gyantse, Shigatse, holy Yamdrok Lake and of course spectacular Mt. Everest Base Camp with monastery Rongbuk. It’s absolutely your first choice if you have a plan to visit Nepal!... >>
The classic 4-day tour in Lhasa city
This is one of our classic itineraries. You can enjoy most of Tibet amazing culture and scenery within four days. The cultural highlights of this tour include grand Potala Palace—landmark of Lhasa, Jokhang—the holiest monastery in Tibet. In addition, you will also pay a visit to Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery.... >>